Thursday, January 1, 2009

NO BLACK-EYED PEAS??!!!

Today is New Years Day! Our family has a tradition of eating black-eyed peas on New Years Day. It has something to do with good luck! I found an awesome recipe on the foodnetwork.com website. The last minute girl that I am, didn't try to buy black-eyed peas until today! I searched every shelf in Albertsons and there were none to be found. No dry ones. No frozen ones. No canned ones! Luckily mom said she had some canned ones at home. But I wanted the Spicy Black-eyed Peas!! So I was persistent and went to Tom Thumb. Now if you know me well enough, I do not like Tom Thumb. I believe they are over priced! But I relented and walked into the Tom Thumb. Of course, since I don't shop there, I had no idea where to look! I found the frozen section first. No peas! Things were beginning to look grim like Albertsons. Then I found the dried legumes aisle and there they were!!!! A precious bag of dried black-eyed peas. OK, Tom Thumb isn't all bad. At least their grocery manager knew enough to order enough black-eyed peas! So mom is making ham and collard greens. I am making the Spicy Black-eyed Peas and corn muffins. Our family will partake in a wonderful meal and have good luck all year!


Happy 2009!!

No comments: