Sunday, January 4, 2009

Last Day of Christmas Break

Today has been a glorious day. I guess I would say it was the best last day of a vacation I can remember in a long time! Jordan spent the weekend at his dad's. Jordan being gone is not what made the day glorious! But the house is empty and quiet. I started the day at church in worship. Then came home and had lunch of grilled cheese sandwich and chicken soup. Yesterday the temperature was 80 degrees. This morning is was 38 degrees. That is Texas for you. If you don't like the weather just wait a few hours and it will change! Because of the cold weather, lunch was a comfort. Once I got home, I brewed myself a pot of tea, climbed into the recliner with a blanket and a book.

I sipped. I read. I dozed. It was absolutely wonderful!!



When I woke up from my nap, the sun was shining and it had warmed up to 45 degrees. So I bundled up and took the girls for a walk. We walked down by the creek and through the neighborhood. It was cool and crisp but the sun felt wonderful. The girls enjoyed the walk as much as I did. Brandi walked so lady-like and by my side. Daisy was all over the place, pulling on the leash, and trying to smell every single scent in the park. The girls are an oxymoron. Daisy is the full-bred beagle with papers, and she is such a menace. Brandi is the mutt pound-puppy and is much better behaved.








The girls:




Daisy




Brandi






No comments: