Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Incredible Indian Food

Tonight I headed to my favorite Indian Food restaurant in Irving. It is a little hole in the wall, but great food. When I got there, they were gone! I went into the little market next door and inquired. A sweet young girl said they moved 3 lights down the road. So I hoped in my car and drove 3 lights down the road. There it was in a nice, new building attached to an India Import Market! I enjoyed a samosa (fried pastry with potatoes and peas and spices of course!) and Chicken Biryani (extremely spicy chicken and rice!). Oh, it was so yummy. Then I explored the market. I came home with piratas (a sort of flat bread) and four different curries. I also picked up some Tea Masala. It is a spice made of ginger, black pepper, cinnamon, green cardamom, nutmeg, and clove, and you add it to your tea for a spicier flavor! I am enjoying a cup right now! Mmmmmm!

No comments: