Sunday, January 3, 2010

Funerals and Weddings

There is one thing funerals and weddings have in common.....they bring family together. My Aunt Agnes passed away Sunday, December 27. She fought a long, hard battle with cancer. It started as breast cancer and then eventually spread through out her body. But she was a fighter and fought to the very last day.



Tuesday, my mom, dad and I piled in the car and started our 13 hr trek to Indianapolis. Oh, I forgot, three chihuahuas went with us as well. It had been at least 5 years since I took a road trip with mom and dad. We enjoyed the week spent together up in Indiana. My life has been so busy lately, it was nice to spend so much time with my mom and dad. Also seeing my cousins grieve the loss of their mother, caused me to appreciate even more the time spent with my parents.


Agnes was married to my mom's brother Bill.
Here is a picture of Bill with his sister (my mom) and younger brother.


I enjoyed spending time with my numerous cousins. Some of them I was meeting for the very first time. I enjoyed the big family breakfasts, everyone sitting around the table drinking coffee and reminiscing about old times. I only hope that surrounding my family during this loss helped them through their grieving process.

No comments: