http://whfoods.org/genpage.php?tname=foodspice&dbid=55
Sunday, April 11, 2010
Pureed Sweet Peas
Last week's World's Healthiest Food was peas. I was in luck because I like peas and so does Jordan. He wasn't real excited about pureed peas though. He said, "Mom, that's baby food." I was a little sceptical myself, but I was willing to try the recipe. Boy, am I glad I did!! Yummy!!
Chop 1 medium onion and 2 medium cloves of garlic. Let sit for 5 minutes to help bring out their health-promoting properties. Heat 1 TBS of chicken (or vegetable) broth in a 10-inch skillet. Healthy Saute onion in broth over medium heat for 4 minutes, stirring frequently, until translucent. Add garlic and saute for another minute.
Add another 2 TBS of broth, 8 oz of frozen peas and 1 TBS of herbs and cook until tender. I used fresh basil. Recipe recommended minced fresh herbs such as mint, basil, chervil, or parsley. Cook until tender, about 3 minutes.
Puree in blender with 2 TBS of sunflower seeds. Season with salt and pepper. They had the texture of mashed potatoes and oh so yummy!!! I served them with Salmon patties from a HomeMade Gourmet recipe. I didn't realize the recipe only made 2 servings!! Next time I will double it because we really liked it and would have liked to had left-overs.
Want to know more about the health benefits of peas, check out this website!!
http://whfoods.org/genpage.php?tname=foodspice&dbid=55
http://whfoods.org/genpage.php?tname=foodspice&dbid=55
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment